Apply For Funds
About The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick Foundation
The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick Foundation (FSSPF) is a non-profit organization that raises funds to distribute to non-profit organizations that promote Irish culture, heritage and the spirit of providing for those that are less fortunate.
To qualify as a recipient of funds from the FSSPF, an organization must meet the following criteria, complete the required forms and supply any additional information as requested.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for Application of Funds
1. Only organizations meeting all of the below criteria may be considered to receive funds from the FSSPF:
2. Incorporated as a 501 (c) (3) organization or working towards that IRS classification
3. Promotes Irish culture or Irish heritage or the spirit of providing for those that are less fortunate
4. Have a significant record of continuous operation (at least 3 years) as an independent, non-profit organization in greater Cincinnati
5. Maintains an engaged, diverse professional and volunteer leadership to guide the organization
6. Demonstrates liquidity: Positive unrestricted current ratio (current assets/current liabilities) and evidence of cash reserve
7. Consistently delivers breakeven or better operating results annually
Instructions for Funding Requests to the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick Foundation:
1. All requests must contain a Cover Letter: Include a cover letter with each proposal that introduces your organization, states the mission of your organization, simply states your request, and makes a case about how this request is consistent with the mission of FSSPF.
2. Detail how the money is to be utilized and sources of other revenue that will compliment the monies requested from the FSSPF. Note that the request of funds from the FSSPF may not exceed 10% of all funding for the proposed project or program.
3. Identify how the FSSPF will receive acknowledgement and attribution for its funding in the publicity and marketing materials of the applicant’s organization.
4. Identify how the recipient will acknowledge the receipt of the monies from the FSSP to its constituents and the community at large.
Submission Dates and Deadlines
The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick Foundation will review requests on a semi-annual basis January 31 and July 31 of each calendar year. Applicants may submit multiple requests, but will receive no more than one acceptance in a calendar year.
For a .pdf copy of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick Foundation Guidelines for Giving please click here
For a .pdf copy of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick Foundation Grant Request Cover Sheet click here